Create an origami boat ( English and Arabic )
Let the children create an origami boat, place them wherever they like in the house and use
a camera/phone to take photos and share it with all the other kids. Workshop with children
(age TBC). ( Age 7-12 )
– Preview of origamis I used in my images via screen share with the kids.
– Making a paper boat. Supply Step by step images of making a paper boat.
– Have a small conversation on what normally the boats are for and how we can use our
imagination to place the paper boat.
– Ask the children to take picture of the boat and share it with each other.
– Show the kids a stop motion animation they can create in the future with the paper boat.
About the artist:
Ayman Kaake was born in Tripoli, Lebanon. He traveled to Australia in 2011 in pursuit of studying visual arts.
A telecommunications engineer and cinematography graduate, he left behind his parents and eleven siblings as he set off on his artistic journey. Applying his creative vision then led to diplomas in photo-imaging and visual arts from Melbourne Polytechnic, winning best conceptual folio with each. In 2014, his passion for cinema and photography eventually developed into a body of digital art works, creating images that delve into the dreamlike world of personal experiences, emotional turmoil, and the complexities of isolation that came from starting a new life in a new country. Although dealing with moving and serious emotions, Kaake’s works are almost hopeful, and he believes that “sometimes imagination is better than reality”.